Why Kipware® ?
Kipware® vs CAD/CAM
- 95% of everyday CNC programming does not require a CAD/CAM system ... despite what the CAD/CAM companies tell you.
- CAD/CAM is oftentimes overkill and can remove good chipmakers from the programming process ... slow down a production environment.
- To create even the simplest programs ... a drawing is required ... and that requires you to have CAD and drawing experience ... and time.
- Any chipmaker can create G code programs with Kipware® ... not just the "CAD/CAM guy".
- Kipware® was designed by REAL machinists, CNC programmers and computer programmers from the shop floor up ... not just "computer guys". We incorporated
things we wanted as machinists and programmers directly into our design and development.
- Kipware® has a simple, easy-to-use user interface ... no complicated icon systems to remember like CAD/CAM systems.
- Kipware® is a great compliment to a CAD/CAM system ... simpler programs can be created by anyone with Kipware® leaving the complex "stuff" for the CAD/CAM. Get more
out of your CAD/CAM system.
- Much less expensive ... in the short term and long term. The ROI (Return On Investment) with Kipware® is faster because you will be manufacturing more parts
at a faster pace because of the simple design and ease-of-use and you can get more people involved in program creation.
- It's not about the money though ... it doesn't matter what the cost ... even if it's free ... a CAD/CAM system does your shop no good if you can't produce a G code
program, and manufacture parts and make money.
- Still need full blown drawing / design / CAD capabilities? The FREE Draftsight program is a perfect companion for
the CAD to Kipware®'s CAM. Create profesional drawings in Draftsight with dimensions and more ... then import through the DXF format into the Kipware® SketchPad and create
G code from those drawings.
Kipware® vs "wizards"
- So called "wizards" were created as after thoughts ... designed as after thoughts and add-ons ... with extremely limited capabilities. We invite you to compare Kipware® to ANY so called "wizard".
Don't forget to ask the question ... "Do you have DXF import or drawing capabilities for non-standard shapes?"
- Unlike limited "wizards" ... Kipware® conversational is a complete programming system ... including conversational programming, conversational CAD/CAM, DXF importing, speed and feed wizard,
toolpath plotting, full G code editing, toolbox software, programming assistant, and DNC communication software.
- Kipware® conversational was NOT designed or developed by a "hobby machinist" ... and didn't come out of a "cookbook". Kipware® conversational was designed from the production shop floor up ...
by profesional machinists ... and contains powerful real world features like cutter comp and powerful machining options that we were always looking for on the REA WORLD shop floor as machinists and CNC programmers.
- Kipware® software is our LIFE ... we don't do it for a hobby ... unlike un-supported "wizards" we FULLY support all our Kipware® titles ... 24/7/365.
- Based on user feedback ... Kipware® conversational is constantly being upgraded and enhanced based on users real world experiences. Version numbers are a way for the
educated consumer to see the efforts being put into development. KipwareM® and KipwareT® are currently in version 16 and 17 respectively ... and we only up the Version #
for major enhancements.
Kipware® vs Manual Coding
- Simple operations like G coding a square pocket or multi-diameter shaft with chamfers is not that complicated .... but very tedious ... and is ripe for manual coding with
errors like typos and incorrect coordinates. Kipware® Conversational was created by REAL machinists and CNC programmers who understand shop floor programming.
- Beginner Programmers : the simple fill-in-the-balnk format of Kipware® conversational means no G code experience is required. Need to make a change ... all cycles
can be recalled back into the fill-in-the-blank form so edits are conversational as well. Never see the G code if you don't want to.
- Experienced Programmers : Kipware® gives the user immediate access to the G code for every cycle created. This makes a powerful tool for the experienced programmer
who can cut and paste the G code auto created by Kipware® to create fast and efficient G code programs.
- Kipware® conversational was designed from the shop floor up ... and contains powerful real world features like cutter comp and powerful machining options that we
were always looking for on the shop floor as machinists and CNC programmers.
- Knowing G code is a must-know skill ... undoubtably. But manually creating G code in today's day and age with tools like Kipware® available is just plain dumb.
IS CAD/CAM Making Your Shop Dumber?
Read the article HERE