Kipware® vs CAD/CAM
- 95% of everyday CNC programming does not require a CAD/CAM system ... despite what the CAD/CAM companies tell you.
- CAD/CAM is oftentimes overkill and can remove good chipmakers from the programming process ... slow down a production environment.
- To create even the simplest programs ... a drawing is required ... and that requires you to have CAD and drawing experience ... and time.
- Any chipmaker can create G code programs with Kipware® ... not just the "CAD/CAM guy".
- Kipware® was designed by REAL machinists, CNC programmers and computer programmers from the shop floor up ... not just "computer guys". We incorporated
things we wanted as machinists and programmers directly into our design and development.
- Kipware® has a simple, easy-to-use user interface ... no complicated icon systems to remember like CAD/CAM systems.
- Kipware® is a great compliment to a CAD/CAM system ... simpler programs can be created by anyone with Kipware® leaving the complex "stuff" for the CAD/CAM. Get more
out of your CAD/CAM system.
- Much less expensive ... in the short term and long term. The ROI (Return On Investment) with Kipware® is faster because you will be manufacturing more parts
at a faster pace because of the simple design and ease-of-use and you can get more people involved in program creation.
- It's not about the money though ... it doesn't matter what the cost ... even if it's free ... a CAD/CAM system does your shop no good if you can't produce a G code
program, and manufacture parts and make money.
- Still need full blown drawing / design / CAD capabilities? The FREE Draftsight program is a perfect companion for
the CAD to Kipware®'s CAM. Create profesional drawings in Draftsight with dimensions and more ... then import through the DXF format into the Kipware® SketchPad and create
G code from those drawings.
Kipware® vs "wizards" and conversational CNC controls
- Two words ... OVERLY SIMPLISTIC. Everyday programming is NOT Rocket Science ... BUT it's NOT Kindergarten either.
- All the so called "wizards" and conversational CNC controls give the user only simplistic menus that do not have any real power.
- These designs include simplistic interfaces ... limiting the programmers capabilities and the type of workpieces and operations that can be programmed.
- Not EVERY job in the shop is quick and easy and "wizards" do not have the ability to handle more complex machining when required ... or how about
drawing or DXF import capabilities?
- Unlike simplistic "wizards" ... Kipware® conversational is a complete programming system ... including conversational programming, conversational CAD/CAM, DXF importing, speed
and feed wizard, toolpath plotting, full G code editing, toolbox software, programming assistant, and DNC communication software.
- Kipware® conversational was NOT designed or developed by a "hobby machinist" ... and didn't come out of a "cookbook". Kipware® conversational was designed from the production
shop floor up ... by professional machinists ... and includes powerful, real world shop programming features like cutter compensation ... rotation ...
DXF importation capabilities ... canned cycles ... and more.
- Kipware® software is our LIFE ... we don't do it for a hobby ... unlike un-supported "wizards" we FULLY support all our Kipware® titles ... 24/7/365.
- If you are looking for a conversational CNC ... the better option is a Surface tablet or laptop loaded with Kipware® conversational. This allows for programming multiple CNC
machines with a single device and single interface. Just pick it up and move it around easily which allows for programming on the shop floor or in the office or even at home ... by
multiple individuals. Now your conversational CNC includes powerful options and features including DXF import ... and the cost is less than $1200 (US).
Kipware® vs Manual Coding
- Simple operations like G coding a square pocket or multi-diameter shaft with chamfers is not that complicated .... but very tedious ... and is ripe for manual coding with
errors like typos and incorrect coordinates. Kipware® Conversational was created by REAL machinists and CNC programmers who understand shop floor programming.
- Beginner Programmers : the simple fill-in-the-balnk format of Kipware® conversational means no G code experience is required. Need to make a change ... all cycles
can be recalled back into the fill-in-the-blank form so edits are conversational as well. Never see the G code if you don't want to.
- Experienced Programmers : Kipware® gives the user immediate access to the G code for every cycle created. This makes a powerful tool for the experienced programmer
who can cut and paste the G code auto created by Kipware® to create fast and efficient G code programs.
- Kipware® conversational was designed from the shop floor up ... and contains powerful real world features like cutter comp and powerful machining options that we
were always looking for on the shop floor as machinists and CNC programmers.
- Knowing G code is a must-know skill ... undoubtably. But manually creating G code in today's day and age with tools like Kipware® available is just plain dumb.
Watch our animation ...
Kipware® Saves the Space Wizards
Watch our animation ...
CAD CAM Frustration